Sunday, October 10, 2010

Silver Sunday - 10-10-10 Brooches!

As some of you may or may not know, I make beaded jewelry.  But I love all kinds of jewelry - most of it out of my price range!  I do collect pins or brooches that are mostly silver.  Linking in with Beth at The Gypsy Fish for Silver Sunday!



My current favorite is that schooner with an inlaid copper anchor.  I would love to be able to make stuff like that one day.  For now I am practicing on my sawing skills.


The ones in the grouping below are quite special too.  In fact, the Venus looking one and gryphon are my latest additions.  I got them at La-Dee-Da's Antique store here in Mt Pleasant.  If ever you come to Charleston, it is definitely worth the trip across the brideg to come see Nicki at her store.  LOTS of wonderful finds there!  The bar engraved with 'Victoria' is actually a hair clip, but it's a fav - given to me by my mother-in-law before she passed, so I included it here. Her name was Victoria and that's my middle name!


The set of roses are darling, no? - at one time I had a ponytail holder with a grey leather rose that I used to like to wear together.  The Celtic brooch is a St Justin of Cornwall pewter brooch.  I think it was an eBay find.


I adore Taxco jewelry - the abalone butterfly is one of those as is the group of people in the following photo.  The owl was a birthday present to myself - I have finally learned after many, many birthdays that when people give you money to go get something for yourself, that's exactly what you should do!!


The Angel is a fav to wear around Christmas.  I also have a smaller version of it, but that one must be in another box somewhere!



Thanks for stopping by my Silver Sunday for October!  You can check out all the spectacular Silver posts here!

7 comments:

  1. I utterly adore that beautiful silver butterfly. I want one!!! *stamps foot*

    I really laughed when you said about buying special things for yourself with birthday money. It's so easy for the money to syphon off into family things (nappies,anyone?!!), isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great collection. I did a silversmithing evening course at college last year and loved it, but I stopped before I got too hooked, as I've got nowhere to set up a studio for myself right now! When I have a house rather than a flat, I'm getting right back into it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an amazing collection. I must say I'm rather taken by the dagger....perfect for this time of year! Argh me matey...thanks for playing along see you next month!
    hugs
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Blanche
    You have a wonderful collection of silver.. I just love that schooner... am addicted to all this relating to the sea.. but especially ships..

    Have a lovely week xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful collection of jewelry! I absolutely love the schooner too! You have lots of lovelies here and I hope to see more of your own jewelry too. I am one of your newest followers now too, always love to add another SC blogger to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Blanche,
    that's a stunning collection. I love all the different shapes. You have a good eye for combining your beaded jewlry. I love the garnets with silver and mother of pearls.
    Thank you for sharing your treasures.
    Greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I love your brooches, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
-Blanche

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails