Sunday, July 19, 2009

From the Ocean to the Mountains...



The past few weeks I have either been on vacation or taking a weekend jaunt off to places I love. Not much beading going on, but lots of inspiration for when I do get back to my beadwork! I have just returned form the North Carolina mountains, where I used to live, and was pleasantly surprised to find out I placed second in the Winter Rose Designs Jewelry Contest!

I will wait until they post, but I do love the piece I made and can't wait to see the other entries for the contest.

The week before the 4th of July, my hubby and I took our boat down the Intracoastal waterway to Beaufort, SC. I was writing about this trip last Thursday when the power went out on us...

So picking up the pieces and filling in with photos:

The last few weeks have been busy, busy, busy, and some, not all has been jewelry related.

Hubby and I took a boat trip before the 4th down to beautiful Beaufort, SC by way of the Intracoastal waterway. What fun we had!
Hubby has taken the trip before, so armed with a GPS route, it was quite an enjoyable trip. Beaufort is a - dare I say - a quaint little town, but I mean that in the best way.

We docked at the Downtown Marina (above)

Beaufort's Waterfront park is amazing!




Shopping, dining, and relaxing along the Waterfront was the quintessential getaway for us...

Nippy's was the first stop we made to re-fuel ourselves, and we found our way back there again because the food was soooo good! It's a shrimp-shack kind of place, no-fuss-no-muss, but the food hit the spot!



Will write more late about this excursion, as it merits much more...
(update 7/23/09)
Tabby walls are composed of shells and mix of limestone- read the except if interested. They are so beautiful! Charletson has very few of these, so it was a delight to see this long wall - it's my current desktop photo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!
-Blanche

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails