Friday, January 22, 2010

The History of Jewelry Designs - Egyptian Era

Egyptian jewelry has always inspired me, so this design seemed appropriate for the Egyptian period in my journey through Jewelry History:


I used Lapis Luzli, Malachite, Carnelian, and gold filled beads, following the Badarian culture - 4000-3500 BC. 

"Before the discovery of Tutankhamen's opulent treasures, the tomb of Yuya and Tuyu was one of the most important burials to be found in the Valley of the Kings. Discovered on February 5'th, 1905, by James Quibell and Theodore M. Davis, the tomb (designated KV 46) contained one of the most complete and beautifully made sets of funerary equipment then known. " - The Treasures of Yuya and Tuyu

Read more about Egyptian jewelry at Antique Jewelry University.

Note :  This post was created many months ago, but I just realized it was saved as a draft and never posted!



3 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thank you so much for your very sweet comment on my blog!! AND, oh my gosh, that blue design is FABulous!! You might want to send this one in to one of the bead magazines, it really is striking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, You always so kind! I don't think the bead mags have a category to enter this one, but thanks anyway!
    -B

    ReplyDelete
  3. I´m very glad you saved this post :), the lapis lazuli collar is really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
-Blanche

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails