Monday, April 26, 2010

Use The Muse IV Sneak Peek

Use the Muse IV was a real challenge for me as well an inspiration.  If you are unfamiliar with Scarlett Lanson's Use the Muse contests, please check out the link!  This go-round the components provided by Artbeads.com were a challenge for me because I have worked a bit in that color palette already, so to come up with something fresh and new was a strain.  I found inspiration in the components themselves - and found a color I could expand into my overall design!  What a treat!

So here is a semi-handmade component I made for part of my design:


The adorable walnut laser carved links were included in the kit.  Thinking it would be fun to back with them with cloth and sandwich them together, I soldered copper rings, oxidized them, and then built my layers. 










Very happy with the result!  The contest hasn't been judged yet, so please check back for the Big Reveal!

1 comment:

  1. It's a great idea to use copper. It goes well with the wood. Can't wait to see the whole piece. When is the big reveal anyway?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
-Blanche

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails