Saturday, December 12, 2009

Family and Inspirations


Over the past few weeks, it's been non-stop with a couple of trips to the NC Mountains, home to the piedmont, and work, work, work! Every time I go back to the mountains, it seems like I re-connect with God and get my priorities straight. Inspiration seats itself deep inside me, providing a well from which to draw upon when I do get a chance to sit at my beading table.


When I went to the Piedmont to visit Mom and Dad there, I took pictures of pictures (I brought my scanner/printer, but of course it decided it not want to work and I did not have hours to fix it just then).  We had a great time reminiscing, and I have since had a great time playing with the pics in PSP.   Some of the photos are really old and of relatives no one can remember the names if they are not written on the back.  The vintage photo shown are cousins of cousins.  I was so drawn to these three beautiful girls!  I adore their braids and dresses and wonder what color they were and what their necklaces and brooches look like close-up.

While I went to the mountains for Thanksgiving, my husband stayed home and cooked for 12 family and friends - oh my!  He did a bang-up job according to the reviews I heard :)  I came back home from Thanksgiving in the Mountains with my family to deal with leftovers - Mom gave me the hambone from our dinner so split pea soup was in order among other favorites!

On the jewelry front, I have let a few pieces go out the door without taking photos - I simply get too excited sometimes with the wrapping!  Lately - I suppose because of the economy, I have been doing lots more repairs and matching pieces for my customers.  I actually enjoy doing this - trying to learn as much as I can from the break-downs of department store jewelry so my designs will not suffer the same casualties.  In the set shown my customer wanted a necklace to match the earrings... The background slate is from an old Downtown Charleston roof and the photo behind it is actually a calendar photo of vintage photos scenes around Charleston.

Tis the season for donations and giveaways around here - the cutie-patotie winterberry earrings were one of the door prizes I provided for a round table of local teachers last week. 



A few months ago, I got one of those jazzed up phones that can surf the internet and has all kinds of fun apps to play with.  Here are some of my favorite sites in my most visited file that inspire me and keep me informed:

100 Days in Glacier National Park - Awesome nature photography
A Bead A Day - Beads, Beads, Beads!
CultureLab - Back to the (Steam Powered) Future - steampunk
Dawno's Blog - Wander the Beadosphere with Dawno!
How about Orange - Go Green - make gift bows with magazine pages
New York Institute of Photography - Tips and tricks for cameras and photography




Artbeads.com is celebrating Cubic Zirconias in this go-round for their Blog for Beaders program.  I chose several different CZs - but will share only one just now.  Loving these earring wires with Clear CZs!  So versatile and add just a little twinkle for the holidays or any time of the year.  Stay tuned for the finished results and more CZ components from Artbeads.com!

                             FTC Disclosure: I participate in Artbeads.com Blog for Beaders program and have received the above CZ products free of charge from Artbeads.com. I am freely and honestly reviewing the products and have not been paid for my endorsement of the products.
That's all for now - thanks for stopping by!
-Blanche

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for mentioning my blog! I've been having fun with my CZs from Artbeads as well - those earwires are really beautiful. Also love the great background you used for the necklace and earrings pair.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
-Blanche

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails